thoughts

2007-10-01

lenovo x60 and linux: round 4

i was just reading a pdf file in tablet mode. i've been a bit annoyed that i haven't been able to map the alternate 'arrow' keys on the tablet face... and i had just set the pen down on the coffee table. since my knee is killing me (another story for another post)... i jabbed at the screen with my finger.

i was quite surprised to find that the pdf reader scrolled to the next page. a bit of experimentation, showed that the multitouch screen indeed worked. it was slow, clunky and unresponsive... i couldn't draw or write a note... BUT; i could tap buttons and scroll through a pdf.
very interesting.... since all the ubuntu forums suggest that the multitouch screen does not work at all...
more on this to come as i experiment...

i have also installed the GCalDaemon to synchronize my evolution calendar with my google calendar (e.g. here). it is a very simple process and works like a charm. i have also installed GCalD on my mac; and it also works very nicely. i am thereby able to take advantage of the google calendar AND use either my mac or linu.x60t for calendaring activities... curiously, since evolution also has an exchange plugin -- i am able to simultaneously manage a college/department calendar using my regular clients.
and i didn't think this would be a possibility!!!

curiouser and curiouser.

No comments: